Monday, May 23, 2011

The Hijra Vardan And The Barefeet Blogger

187,029 items / 1,474,114 views


Santosh Hijra the hijra who pierced his cheeks with a 21 feet rod has taken a vow for 11 years he comes from Nasik to pierce his cheeks and the lady in the red is his Guru.. She is fond of me and it is a very strange metaphoric human fondness nothing to do with my being a man with balls and all and she with hopes perhaps no balls at all.

We met last year and I shot this event and it was the first time I had come to Sion Koliwada invited by Raja piercer I met Sam Bajaj and it was Sam who informed me of this event this year.

Guru in red is from Antop Hill I forgot to take her number Sona the vixen was giving me her number I said I would take it later I forgot , I am happy I meet them this way on the streets I know contacting them would get me more pictures I let it pass.

I am interested in shooting Hijra performers at weddings and I talk of the lowest poorly paid hijra performers from the slums.

Next the hijra whore of red light areas Peela House Kamathipura and last but not the least hijra possession.. at Dargahs exorcism..etc

Most of the hijras consider me a tantric so avoid being photographed ..I will take away their souls they say and hold it captive in a bottle they say.. I do.


The saddest is shooting the hijra kids eunuch children..sanitary pads on their genitals because of constant corrective surgery - this is the privilege of rich super rich hijra kids adopted by affluent hijras. I was too ashamed to see this and put my head down .. but this is a reality I did not would not shoot.

Hijras are seductive self obsessive about their bodies , their nudity but I avoid all such overtures and politely refuse , they offer money too.. not my cup of tea my hijra limitation in biological terms is their hijra artificial tits and I dont cross the limit.

And shooting hijras meeting them is nothing but a Hjra Vardan a gift of the gods to me..15000 images at my Flickr set Hijras of India..shot in 3 and a half years.And Hijra poems and a cross dresser gay parade set too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube