Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Breaking Jambuls Bandra

184,884 items / 1,457,056 views

Children here break jambuls from this tree at Galaxy Building near Transit camp, I tasted the jambuls , mildly sweet and of normal size, kids collect sackfuls I am told and share it among themselves this is the path I take cutting through the Indraji Nagar slums for my workplace , most of my pictures are shot here simple picture of simple living and water is the main essence in the slums water keeps them connected and alive.


Most of the slum folks were horrendously terrorized by Reliance energy I am told and are gradually being given a more human deal by Tata Power , the local politicians too are making this transition possible and Reliance Energy in our case was the biggest rip of too we are now availing power from Tatas.


This land is open space and some say it belongs to the local politician who has a lot of clout here , and the politicians have made and generated wealth for themselves their chamchas cronies thanks to the builder politician nexus that rules the roost.

One satisfying aspect of the Bandra west slums there is no sectarian rift or power play ,all live peacefully, and this area is predominantly Sunni Muslim as you move further the Kasai Bakra Sunni jamat holds sway..they have done a lot of good for their community , in terms of education , group marriages and self employment.

The Hindus and dalits too share vital space and partake in each others religious festivities, and I have documented all this for posterity.

If I dont pass this way than I take another tiny path that brings me out on De Monte Street via an Indian gaothan a enclave of few cottages that too will vanish soon..

Heritage is meaningless for builders its space and big bucks..that calls the shots.

Their are a few Shia homes in and around the paths I take , they too are peacefully inclined and are emotional and assertive during Moharam wiith their matam majlis sabil azadari and piety and devotion without stepping on any ones toes.

I was going to write only about this jambul tree and one thing led to another.. and jambul is good for keeping diabetes in check...

I used to take a herbal powder for several years I stopped it I also stopped my insulin and dear Mr Madhsudanji Buthada of Latur suggested and gifted me two bottles of Ojamin a pancreatic tonic that bought my sugar down considerably..it is manufactured by Everest Pharma and marketed by Tates Remedies Pune..you take a spoonful on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening the same dose after dinner..it has been good for me and I saw the change in my blood sugar.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube