Monday, April 4, 2011

A Bit Of Bengal In The Heart of Mumbai




















178,947 items / 1,404,163 views


she calls me
in all humility
i come
shooting
her world
her people
her kingdom
she knows
who
i am
she knows
what
i am
as a mother
this son
she welcomes
her gratitude
her magnanimity
on my poets soul
a cherished
blessing
becomes
yes i am
a muslim
in durgas darbar
seeking
hope peace
karmic wisdom
she makes me
human
to the beats
of the dhol
the sounds
of the drum
a cosmic
serenity
of silence
my soul
goes numb
a drop
of a tear
she grants
me freedom
beyond
caste or creed
her holy sanctum
a pledge to
visit her year
after year
rhyme and rhythm
the essence
of hope hindutva
a message
of peace
in my poem




ও মা,

ফাগুনে তোর আমের বনে

ঘ্রাণে পাগল করে--

মরি হায়, হায় রে

ও মা,

অঘ্রানে তোর ভরা খেতে,

আমি কী দেখেছি মধুর হাসি।।

rabindranath tagore


Word Verification at Blogspot SUCKS

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube