Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why Have The Children To Pay For The Sins of Their Forefathers...

175,651 items / 1,369,189 views

Maybe the forefathers came here as migrants made Mumbai their home , they live in shanties serve as vote banks sometimes nurtured by slum lords many of them rich leaving in the nearby slums of Behrampada.. sadly fattened by a system of supply and demand.

Conspiracy..they say those who live in ivory towers, would these poor folks mostly tenants job workers , their children wives helping in the garments toy factories ekeing out a living light a torch to their homes.. would the landlord allow it..

And I am not God I am merely a poet turned photographer I let my pictures tell their story.

I am not into politics I belong to no party I am a Muslim an Indian Shia Muslim and I captured the sufferings of my collective Muslim ethos as a human being..
There are Hindus other communities at Garib Nagar but predominantly the Muslim poor..

What is the truth behind the fire God alone knows and the Fire Dept crying out about the goonda elements and they dont have a mobile picture to back their claims..an eminent journalist asked me if I had those pictures but I was not there when the fire struck..

I knew of the fire but did not go to shoot it, imagine the poet in me shooting pictures while people ran for their lives..I could not do it.

I shot the Garib Nagar slums a day after the fire for 5 hours .. posted 1215 pictures on the internet here at Flickr.com ..and the pain and the story of Garib Nagar continues I visited it yesterday and this is part of my new series..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube