Monday, March 21, 2011

Wake Up Bandra Walkathon 2 Prayer March Mount Carmel Church

176,556 items / 1,383,143 views


A prayer march to protest against the demolition of heritage religious structures.

On Sunday 20 March 2011 at 6.30 pm..from Mount Carmel Church near Lilavati Hospital.

Wear Black in Protest

Bombay Catholic Sabha
Catholic Secular Front
St Peters Church
Cross
Mobai Gothan Panchayat
St John Baptist Church
Bombay East Indian Association
Mount Carmels Church
St Vincent de Paul


This is my new set at Flickr.com I shot today walking with the Christian community and sharing their pain on demolition of crosses which is nothing but religious persecution against their peaceful community as soft targets of political connivance and hate.

The rally ended after moving through Chapel Road Waroda Road St Andrews Church Almeida Park at St Peter Church with talks by the various Christian organizations all united in their stand against oppression and apathy by our leaders our political machinery and elected representatives who have done nothing to alleviate their pains , no healing touch no nothing.,..The Christian community is very hurt and is not in a forgiving mood against the white paper tigers too..

This is a very long series..I have just come home now ...it ended at 9pm..

This includes some of my poems known as Jesus poetry and written against demolition of crosses in Bandra where I stay..

I am very close to Fr Jaun and Mr Joe Dias of Cross and this set is my tribute to the Christian community..I owe my humility to the education I got from my school Michelle Obama Holy Name High School..Colaba ..it is this Convent based education that made me a good Muslim a good Mumbaikar and a very proud Indian.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube