Sunday, February 13, 2011

Athvi Amary Juloos Malad Malwani 2011

169,575 items / 1,319,161 views

This is my new set at Flickr.com shot this evening at Malwani No 6 Malad.

Athvi brings to an end two month eight days of Shia mourning of Moharam.

Tomorrow the Shias will celebrate Eid E Zehra the Mother of all Eids..paying tribute to Princess Fatima Zehra the only daughter of the Holy Prophet mother of Imam Hassan and Hussain.

I have shot Athvi in Lucknow , and Mehmoodabad I have shot Athvi at Govandi but I find solace at Malad , so this was second year of shooting this event that begins with a caravan called Amary, a juloos with camels and several Zuljanas, taboots and the last day of mourning for the Shias.

This juloos at Malad has grown ever since , huge crowds of Shia men women and children come here , and take part in the procession that ends with hardcore kamazani and zanjir zani.

I was accompanied by Mohomed Ali Aga Iran, my dear friend , he too did fierce zanjir matam , I shot the JUST First Aid guys of Jafari United Social Troop India cleaning the wounds doing exemplary service to the Shia mourners and matamdars.


I bought Mohomed Ali Aga home to have dinner with my family and see my Flickr Shia sets , I have been shooting Mohomed Ali Aga Iran in Mumbai but just came to know him this year at HussainTekri Jaora.

He is based in Yazd very close to Tehran...His children ar Abul Fazl, Mohsin , Mujtaba and Amir and two grandchildren Fatima and Subhan.

Marziya my three year old grand daughter the youngest street photographer in the world shot him during his last trip at my home, Marziya is now away at her maternal grand parents so Mohomed Ali Aga missed her the most..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube