Monday, October 18, 2010

The Hijra Possessed Durga Visarjan Juhu 2010

150,589 items / 1,156,115 views

First they shout out not to take pictures of the hijra possessed on Juhu beach but than one of the Hijras recognized me she had attended Simran dancers birthday part at Madh Island a few years back , she hugged me and all the Gurus got over my presence and the ubiquitous camera round my twisted neck.

Hijras are deeply connected to Durga being Ard Nari Naershwar a form of Shiva and every hijra around me was in a euphoric state of spirtual madness.

So now you know why I am blessed with the Hijra Vardan, I dont search for Hijras they find me and drag me to their angst automatically.

And I kept on shooting them non stop as the only hijras I have shot recently are the beggar hijras of Turner Road Bandra.

And every one among the hijras wanted a picture with me and there was no qualified photographer around I gave my camera to a bystander who shot the hijras with me.

The Hijras had bought the Durga for Immersion and were from Andheri, along with the hijras were their toy boys in drop down crotchy jeans all studs of various size and heights.

Mostly young kids that the hijras keep to satisfy themselves on a rainy day which is everyday.

As I may only post all these pictures at Flickr just see it on my photo stream.

This was the most interesting photo opportunity I got by sheer karmic luck and accident.

Imagine I was going to Dadar to shoot the Durga Visarjan but because of a political rally made a hasty decision to come to Juhu beach instead.
I am a bit edgy with crowds being the way I am dressed I am a cynosure of gulal and bad remarks ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube