Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Shoes of the Fisherman

129,907 items / 954,414 views

I document life , life that is a common sight , life that needs no turn or twists of metaphors.
Life that is embodied as pain , in most cases , opening a window of remorse while trying to close the doors of despair.

My heroes on the streets dont ape Salman Khan , Sharukh Khan or Amir Khan no not even Akshay Kumar .

My street heroes are real life figures and here it is a Cobbler whom some call Mochi close to my workspace , I shot this picture for a very special reason , the shoes belongs to a man who has really outworn it maybe he does not have money to buy a new one or repair this old one..

Yet he has given it to the cobbler to have it nicely polished .

I asked myself perhaps he was jobless for a very long time now he is going for his interview so he needs the gloss on his shoes , I am told the interviewer first gauges you by your shoes.


Luckily I have not gone for an interview with shoes.

I walk barefeet most of the time.

Back to my picture the guys clothes are at the Dohbi getting ironed ..

So these are my picture stories I did not ask the cobbler who these shoes belonged too, I took it for granted they were the Shoes of the Fisherman.

And I wont write a poem here sometimes prose is as essential as a poem of life.

I shoot barbers and they are artists too like fashion designers , a cobbler is an artist too..they all create or recreate the persona of a man.

I shoot Pheriwaas patiwalas icegolawalas and all the other walas.


And I must share a few lines as a message sent to me by a Facebook friend Arun Kambhat..

Arun Kumbhat June 15 at 10:00pm
Have been the recipient of your picture posts for some time now.
The honesty of feeling that the pictures, prose and poetry communicate are of rare quality and humility, I suppose this comes from not having to please a market.
God bless and keep going my friend
Regards
Arun

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube