Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slum Salons of Bandra

I have a great fascination shooting street barbers , street salons, I have had haircuts and shaved at these street side salons too.

And most of these kid barbers come from towns of Uttar Pradesh and apprentice themselves to a salon , finally starting their own..this is the North Indian spirit of slogging his ass of as an Indian.

While his leaders collect currency garlands amounting to Rs 5 crore this is the power of money and the power of politics.. that makes money blindfolded , see no evil do no evil,, but yes be party to evil.India may be poor but wealth abounds politically not that I envy it , but it saddens me as it saddens you.


But I digress I am non political man a cosmic poet of failed love..a failed love makes you a better than a poet who fucks his way successfully through life ..the woman I love does not even know I love her she is blissfully unaware of my cosmic existence though we pillow talk in our dreams..my wife thinks my bed of thorns is possessed , she says she hears two sounds while I am asleep..and this is the irony of the poetry of my fucked life.

I love a woman who I have only seen in my dreams she has no form but yes she has the voluptuousness of a figure,.well I shall leave it incomplete..

So with a camera around my neck I too am on a leather hunt shooting life as I see it as blank verse sometimes as haiku short and sweet , I reiterate shooting pictures is composing a poetry of a street mans life that will further be seen and be finally read by another man .

Most of my pictures at Flickr where all my blogs originate are textless and some have text..and you can read them the way you want it , pictures interpret more eloquently in their silence..

Had I left this space blank only the barber the man getting a face job.. it would have still be ready as poetry of one mans touch on another mans face and both are not homosexuals...I am sure my mind dies not interpret this kind of touch wrongly.

So finally everything in Life is Touch ..a touch that heals a touch that feels a touch your hidden emotions your dark desires unpeels a touch that steals , a touch congeals a touch conceals a touch when touched a touch that seals.

This a poetry blog...I wrote it as a blog it swipes your soul as poetry... Touche ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube