Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Uploading Problems At Flickr Gone From Bad To Worse

I have tried to upload this batch of 100 pictures since morning ,it has crashed 4 times and the thought kills me, even my description disappears ..

I was early using Mozilla Firefox and the Flickr uploader from within Flickr and it was a nightmare.

So my son Asif a software computer programmer made me switch to MIE and Flickr Uploader 3.2.1..

For some time t ran smoothly but since yesterday it has crashed and I have re upload all over again.

Flickr Help is nothing but a sweet bitter pill to follow technical jargon I dont understand and my son is busy I have forwarded their messages to him..

Their message


hey there-

It appears you've been having more success; nearly 2600
images uploaded for February. So, you are uploading a bit
better?

Do you have AVG antivirus installed also? If so, please
disable the link scanner option, it breaks uploads. It's all
over the help forum.

regarding the 'ping' you mentioned. Ping alone is largely
not very helpful, and in any case, you really need to
provide us with the results. "pathping", that which we
instruct you to try in our responses, is a lot more useful.
If you want a nice GUI tool on hand, there's an even better
one called WinMTR. I've written about it many times in the
Forum, which we have seen you participate in. Here's one of
my posts:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/100036/666409/

winmtr.sourceforge.net/

(And you need to point it to up.flickr.com.)

About ISPs:

ISPs are generally ONLY interested if you can get on the
internet. That is all. Unless you get a second or third
level technician to walk through very detailed network
instructions, you can pretty much forget what they tell you
from the first level when you make a complaint about some
other website you are telling them about.

But, we do not have a site wide uploading outage, so if you
want to provide more detailed analysis based on our
responses, we can take a look at what you gather.

thanks


Firoze-

When they stop mid-way, it really most likely points to
time-outs, it''s trying to keep the connection alive but
there's most likely something in between the two points
which is throttling it.

When you are using Uploadr, look at the Console for errors
under the Tools menu. When the upload times-out, look at the
last errors in the console and send back.

thanks

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube