Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Kama Matam Chehlum Mumbai 2010

115,343 items / 752,483 views

All the pictures in this set were shot today on my camera by Habib Nasser , the founder of the Iraqi Kama Matam in Mumbai .

I had come to document the Chehlum events at Moghul Masjid and the juloos started from Imamwada lane close to JJ Hospital.

I did my kama matam near Noor Baugh..Tandav on the Soul of Shimr.. This time I leapt into the air and cut my head fiercely..I bled a lot , and later got myself first aid just a wash with water and bandage .

Once the Juloos reached Rehmatabad Shia cemetery ,and once the matam began I removed the bandage and cut myself up again with my camera dangling round my neck..my white coffin cloth that I wore was totally bloodied ..once the hardcore matam ended with Habib cutting his back with a sword I walked to a first aid center organized by the Prince Ali Khan Hospital and got myself bandaged again only water ..I threw away the coffin cloth as I did not want to shock my two year old grand daughter Marziya..

On reaching home ans seeing my bandaged head, she kept inquiring what had happened and I took a picture with her holding my kama..on her head..picture was taken by her dad Asif..

I have one regret most of my Rehmatabad cemetery pictures are washed out as blood entered my camera through the viewfinder and my lens too were soaked in blood..

And I shall now keep all my other stuff on hold .

This is a 7 GB card shot in a few hours.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube