Friday, February 5, 2010

Kumar Ketkar Abhijeet and Me - Haji Malang

115,299 items / 751,772 views

Normally the Ketkar brothers are very busy in their individual duties as Hindu Khadims of Haji Malang.Their father Kashinath Gopal Rao Ketkar was a giant of a man who has contributed in all humility to the devotion and care of the dargah.He passed away in 2001.


Their mother late Saroj Kashinath Ketkar a very generous kind lady , simple and sincere passed away last year , I could not make it to her funeral and this is one regret I have in life, I had met their Mother at Abhijeet Ketkars marriage , at Dombivili , and she spoke to me for quite some time , and was fascinated with my attire.


But a womans personality has a God given mystique, she died , but she lives as Kumar Ketkars newly born daughter resembles their Mother completely.

Kumar and Abhijeet Ketkar are highly respected by all communities , soft spoken , media shy, I am the only one who corners them for pictures. And here I must mention this could not have been possible without Sakib my florist friend from Mahim who has a few flower shops near the Haji Malang Dargah complex.

Kumar and Abhijeet are two pillars of friendship beyond the call of duty , i will do anything to reach Haji Malang even if it is for a day to shoot the pictures of this Holy Shrine and share it with all of you..

And here I must mention there is a hardcore devotee of Haji Malang Baba in New Jersey , Yomesh, he saw my pictures and got in touch with me ..he waits for me to upload my Haji Malang lot eagerly
his message to me

Thnks for the images of the URS at HaJi Malang...in my living room in New Jersey...

Was there last year...then after Ajmer...during last Ganpati celebrations..enjoy Ganesh after 16 long years....

Next time I will contact u...hope u have time...then
Thanks
Yomesh

So I shoot pictures for those who cant climb the distance for one reason or another I shoot pictures and bring them to your house ..and thanks to Kumar and Abhijeet who make this possible every year , they dont charge me a single cant all my needs are taken care of..I eat at their restaurant and have a room to myself.

But I hardly sleep I am awake shooting every fleeting moment at Haji Malang.
In two days and two nights I shot a 14 GB card..

As I can only upload 25 files in a batch on the Fickr uploader it will take some time..I shot the largest number of Hijra pictures this Urus.

Today is Chehlum 40 th day of Moharam and in a few hours I will be in town shooting the events there.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube