Saturday, February 13, 2010

Holistic Healing of Faith

I have told him to show restrain when he does matam , but he does not listen to me , he cuts at every Juloos procession , there is no stopping or holding him back..

He is a Shia Matamdar..

He made powerful hockey stick shaped flagellating blades cut his back.

And sometimes I am amazed at the few educated Shias who scourge and cut their heads publicaly and ask me why I take their pictures making me almost throw up, I mean if you are so protective about not showing your face ..why hassle the photographer with your spirtual arrogance and conceit..
I shoot pictures of the Shia , their anguish their pain to show you Ghame Hussain..
I dont glorify or evangelize the blood letting but it comes with what we call Tablike Hussain..

I dont sell or give my pictures for video clips I wish the Shia who is rude to me most of the time saw my pain uploading pictures all night, to share it with everyone..

I hope the few read this in Hyderabad and Mumbai where I was hassled most of the time ..even with a bleeding bandage on my head barefeet dressed in black..

And I dont post a single picture ..I post a lifetime of Shiasm.. this I say in sheer agony and humility..

People shoot my pictures I dont ever have a problem..so why they have a problem beats me why not cover your face with a checked scarf and save the photographer the agony of your rude and harsh words.

I had the same problem at the Shabbedari of Anjuman Asghariya this year and also at Rehmatabad Shia cemetery and I doubt if I shoot this Zainabia event again.. next year.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube