Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Muslims Felicitate Lalbagh Cha Raja

Every year the Muslims of Do Tanki close to Duncan Street felicitate Lalbagh Cha Raja with flowers , garlands, most important the Muslims of this area help the Hindus of their area, old women men , the little kids get the Darshan , as the crowds is alarmingly large .. and fear of stampede prevails inspite of the Police bandobast and a human chain by the volunteers of Lalbagh Cha Raja to prevent untoward action or incident.

This is Hindu Muslim amity at its best.
The icing on the cake is that the chief guest was a Shiv Sena leader of this area.

This is one junction , that I have not missed since last two years..

The Muslim women too share the stage and both the communities distribute mineral water to the followers of Lalbagh Cha Raja, and to the crowds.
After this halt Lalbagh Cha Raja moves towards a lane called Kumbharwada were stay his most ardent hardcore fans after Lalbagh area and Dadar.

It is from Kumbharwada I aborted my walk, I had to start my next Roza and my diabetic condition my bare feet could not take me further towards the Girgaum Chowpatty beach.. where the Raja after the Arti is immersed into the waters of the Arabian Sea..

I took a cab from Null Bazar home to Bandra covered in vermilion...


MAZHAB NAHI SIKHATA APAS MEIN BAIR RAKHNA, HINDI HAIN HUM VATAN HAIN, YEH GUL SITAH HAMARA, 'SARE-E JAHAAN SE ACHH-AA HINDUSTAN HAMARA' -

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube