Sunday, August 16, 2009

Muslim Kids Too Paricipate in the Dahi Handi

87,687 items / 531,534 views


Many a Dahi Handi Mandal has Muslim youth as their members and part of the framework that forms the pyramid that break the pot...

And this is the bonhomie and spirit of togetherness - which goes beyond religiosity here in Mumbai.

At Advocate Ashish Shelars Dahi Handi celebrations most of the volunteers were Muslims from the area and a Christian Neil 6 packs from Indira Nagar.

Even in the Mandals from Mazgaon most of the guys in skull cap are actual Muslims.

But the Muslim skull cap is a famous head gear among the Dahi Handi Krishna Brigade.

And I was feeling very embarrassed asking a guy here whether he was a Muslim.. I let it pass..Dahi Handi signifies a unification of all in its human aspect..

After all dressed in saffron I was shooting Dahi Handi as a message of Peace in Hope and Hindutva.

And I am not a photo journalist only a street shooting photo blogger..all my pictures of any procession or ritual or the hijras has street art as an underlying thought...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube