Monday, July 27, 2009

Power of Holistic Healing - Inter Faith.

Lal Bagh Cha Raja is the the Ganesha lucky mascot of Mumbai, and those that are his devotees , want this replica for their pandals..and Lal Bagh Cha Raja is the magic that works , bringing happiness to those who invoke him..this is Hope and Hindutva as a message of Peace..
Last year I skipped shooting the Immersion of the Ganeshas at Girgaum Chowpatty, an on the spot impulsive decision to walk barefeet with Lal Bagh Cha Raja through all the lanes , bylanes till it reached Nagpada , where Lal Bagh Cha Raja is felicitated by the Muslim community, this was what I wanted to shoot , this holistic healing of two major faiths of India Hindus and Muslims....but I am human a diabetic the long walk on pebbles took its toll at Kumbharwada , I was totally beat, tired , dehydrated and I had broken my fast the same evening at Byculla..and the organizers , volunteers went out of their way to see and take care of me..they helped me each time I collapsed on the way..

At about 2 am I aborted the final destination of the Lal Bagh Cha Raja and headed home taking a taxi from Bhendi Bazar, but not before giving all the Sairi stuff to a lady beggar on the road..Sairi stuff is the fruits victuals given to me by the Hindu brethren to keep my next mornings fast.
Yes this is what I shoot emotions feelings that you must be able to see embedded as silence in the subjects of my picture..amity of Inter Faith.
Every picture I shoot has a long story to tell..
I allow you to fill in the blanks..in your mind ..beyond the nativity of my beleaguered comment box..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube