Sunday, August 5, 2007

Kamatipura Flea Market in Rains

This is a unique Friday flea market, Friday being the Muslim weekly holiday.This Market is run by Vagris of Gujrat descent.They roam the entire wek buying their wares from homes , which they sell here at the market.However what reaces here is junk as compaed to the good stuff that they sell directly to the antique dealers of Chor Bazar.At this Bazar people come from all parts of India..for everything amber , gemstones, lace, zari,electronics , paintings, cameras..
This market is close to the Hijda Cages and the red light area of Kamatipura.. a notorious prostitution den .
This market starts at 3 am shuts down by noon,, there is so much muck in the rains , that people brave this to search for a good deal.Because I do not wear footwear I used to avoid this Market.
I have got most of my 225 cameras from here , flash, movie cameras , old sepia toned pictures, pipes, hip flasks, stones...
My wife hates this market and the Internet too.
After my round at this market I would proceed to Chor Bazar.Since bout two months I have stopped going to both the markets.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube