Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Moulah Ali Shrine Hyderabad.

Perched on top of a hillock is Hyderabads famous Shrine of Hazrat Ali, followers from far and wide come here to pay their floral tributes and invoke the first Shia Imam for blessings.Beneath the Shrine at the foothills is the Shrine of his brave son Hazrat Abbas ..This is my new series I visited Hyderabad almost 5 years back, pictures shot on negatives.The first time I came to Hyderabad to shoot Ashura all by myeslf ,than I came again to shoot the Chehlum, this time with my wife Afshaan.Hyderabad the fabulous city of the Nawabs is grandeur personified , the people of Hyderabad , absolutely honest, hospitable and even the poorer lot totally humble.For the Shias of Hyfderabad Moharam is a way of Life , almost Life itself.The Hyderabadi Moharam fervour is a collective ethos of spirtuality.Azadri E Hussain , is awesome here in Hyderabad.Ony black shirts and clothes for the mourning period that lasts 2 months , and eight days.I was lucky to have met Sajjad Bhai a Shia cop who was my host , who really opened doors , I have never seen a Momin like him, he carried my camera bag , while I scourged behind the Bibi Ka Alam.I was new to photography , so there are flaws but I am sure you will see the brighter side of a culture , the moods the vagaries of Shia timelessness.Forgive me but I continue with the Shia pilgrimage .Showing you Shiasm captured from a lens of a poet..and street philospher .I tweaked this as it was quite blurry , but man bowing to a greater divinity a thought poetically focussed showing his vulnerability and mortality .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube