Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kaiser Bagh Shia Childs Spiritual Cybercafe

Kaiser Bagh is the Khoja Shia Gadh..
It lies at Dongri next to the Hazrat Abbas Dargah Lane.During the three days before Ashura , all the Shia kids cluster here to rigorously take part in the Zazir and Kama matam .
This is the beginning of ever Shia adult when he was a kid, the moment the Maulana completed his Majlis, the Alams and Taboots started taking the rounds of the hall, he instantly removed his shirt and began scourging his back.Or if he was more daring he grabbed the Kama dagger from Munna Bhais hand slashing his head no pain just remorse for his Imam.
Kaiser Bagh is a must see for those three days, all roads lead to Dongri.
Even the local Bohra kids move with their Alams and scourge their backs.
There is no Media presence , this is a private Shia do, just a few stray photographers or videographers recording the event.
I normally shot from the stage , later jumped down to participate in slashing my head or doing my Tandav..with my camera bag, my turban and my shawl within my eyes views.
At Shia events there are a lot of crooks who wear balck clothes pretending to be Shias and rob the belongings, or mobile phones..This happens at the Kumbhs too...Where there is smoke there is lot of fire...

I am posting all this from Cds , so I have to again work on them and resize them for web.
I could copy and paste from myMoharam pictures from my Homesite
www.photographerno1.com
But I am taking a longer route in the bargain finding pictures I have never posted before..So the best of me will lie at Flickr..
I have one regret because of various constrains I did not visit Ajmer Sharif this time.. I was very keen to go come what may, but it was not my call...
I missed Peersaab Hujra No 6 Fakhru Miya his family..
I missed Syed Salma Chishti the cyber khadim
I missed Char Yar
I missed the Malangs of Ajmer the dread head Bawas
I missed Zanjirwale Bawa
The Hijda Bawas
Moti Katra and all my Hijda friends Basanti ,Sohel Zeenath, Kajal..Mona, Gopal Hajji Babita, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi,
I missed Kapil Aggarwal..
Last but mostly the Kingdom of Peace and Humility, of Love the presence of Khwaja Garib Nawaz...his all pervading fragrance of Brotherhood of Mankind.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube