Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Chup Tazia Of Lucknow

I start a new series Moharam in Lucknow , this segment is called Athvi the end of Moharam , two months and 8 days of austere mourning comes to an end..the Chup Tazia Juloos starts from Nakhas and ends in its burial at Kazmain..
For more text you can read about all this at my two sites..
www.photographerno1.com
shah-ast-hussain.com
also ar word press..
photographerno1.wordpress.com

I intend only posting the pictures and talking less.
The speciality or uniqueness of the Chup Tazia is that it is a less raucous procession, not shouts, only marsiyas poems as elegy of the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain.
But the most endearing among the sobs of the reciter and the echo of sobs from th croed is Pakistani Nohakar Late Nasir Jahans Ghabrayegi Zainab...
The people cry as this brings an end to Azadar e Hussain .
you can only see the Chup Tazia in Lucknow.. with taboots, alams, Amary Zuljana and the grandeur old time Lucknowi charm..
I shot this almost at the same time that I had started my tryst with photography, wearing my black long robe, climbing walls shooting negatives, slides and black and whites...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube