Friday, August 26, 2016

The Pathos of a Photographer




I am deleting all my old archives as I dont have space ..nor do I have extra hard drives ,, I have no regrets ,,as I have to make space on my drives for my videos ,,
As at the moment I am working on the images on my DVDs ,,they will soon be corrupted and I have over 10 boxes ,, so I am taking the ones I like and making it into slide shows and posting them as videos ,,
For me You Tube has a greater outreach than Facebook Flickr combined ,,I am prolifically posting videos of my street angst too
But yes all my stuff is original content ,,and I am not much into subscribers like others ,, and in just one year I have garnered
1,920 subscribers 2,046,997 views and what I cannot show publically at Flickr I am able to do it on You Tube ,,my Naga Sadhu frontal nudity sets.. I also have the largest collection of my documentation on the Hijras of India .
If I shoot stills I shoot videos and than add them together using Windows Movie Maker ,, I dont have the time I am aging rapidly nor the money to learn professional video editing..
But I have footage of an India not seen in travel brochures and I have not seen Indiia ,, my India is Mumbai ,,or the cities I visit during Kumbh Moharam Ajmer Urus or the last Khamkhya trip.
I have copied words from my friend Benn Bell s post
“But how could you live and have no story to tell?”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, White Nights

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube