Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Tiffin Dabbewali of Bandra

Most of you guys out there wont believe this , and I dont know whether you should, she is a very simple Muslim lady, who collects tiffins from homes of school kids and than bundles them up in a ricksha to deliver it on time to the kids at various schools of Bandra.

Than she waits the kids finish their lunch she brings the tiffins to deliver it back to the kids house.

I have shot her twice, both the times her pictures did not make it to my camera,or to my computer.

This happens when some Bawas or Naga Sadhus place a very strong energy round themselves , the pictures come black hazy, washed out and in some cases dont come at all.

This lady is a very friendly person, the ricksha guys dont stop for her , I help her get into the ricksha so she not wanting me shoot her pictures is not the case here.

She is the Dabbewali of Bandra , she has been doing this task for over 30 years, kids salute her , though she grumbles a lot, I found her of a congenial nature and nice disposition.

I told her that I could not find her earlier pictures I had shot of her, she gave me a cunning smile..so now I have decided to shoot some more pictures of her to find out if they disappear again.or if she is playing game with me at my expense.

Well this is India and anything happens.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube