Monday, August 20, 2007

Two Kinds Of Islam ( Digg It )

I came across an article while surfing the net I have added the title to my body post.
The writer is Makrand Paranjape.I hope he will forgive me , but his title is more apt, I was going to put a questioning title “What kind of Islam?”
I will give you the link , as copying it here would tantamount to plagiarism.
Journalists dont like me anyway.
Lady Journalist to be more specific.

TWO KINDS OF ISLAM

I remember a few years back , I used to be literally bullied by a neo Tabbliqi on 33 rd road Linking Road, the Musafirkhana of Bandra West .He would always taunt me , regarding my saffron clothes, the usual spiel that these guys love giving,these holier than thou Islamists , these guardian angels of a New Order of Islam..The Pristine Islam as propogated by the Wahabbi school of Thought.I have nothing against it , I stick to what I got on my parental plate I was born into Shiasm.
One day this guy got nasty , he had seen me going to Patwardhan Park in my shorts ,my wife in her hijab, he met the following day , his usual banter, than he said Yaar Firozebhai , you should dress properly when you walk with your wife , I lost my cool, told him in front of everyone if my wife does not have a problem why should you, was I walking with your wife.He shut up quick and fast.
What I want to tell you by this stray incident , the new approach is more on how you look Islamic externally.Internally you can be the most corrupt Muslim does not matter, as a show window you should refect yourself in the best possible way even in a hypocritical borrowed light.I remmer at the Bandra Shia mosque during a happy feat I was posed a similar question by an elderly Khoja gentleman.. I moved away from Mosques completely.
The only exception being the Moghul Masjid at Bhendi Bazar.
Anyway , my personal experience are my own, I believe do what you feel you have to do.
Stop being a moral Muslim culture police. unnecessarily be a little tolerant not hot headed without proper reasoning,we have them in all sects , some call them head bashers or hardliners.
I also feel that those who look at Muslims with skulls and goatees with mistrust should stop it, one can have all the necessary external perquisite of an Islamic person still be connected to the mainstream through our nationality as Indians.
A man who is a terrorist , terrorist are not as dumb as we are made to believe.A terrorist who places bombs in a train would definitely not wear Miya clothes but clothes of a normal train travelling executive , that is why the sleepers get caught the Brains are still million light years away.
I say all this as I shot the Mumbai serial train blasts, I saw the mayhem , the chaos..today irrespective of our caste or creed we are all targets to Terrorism, I call it Yazidiyat,, that has always been there unpunished since Time immemorial, all the senior clergy , the heads of state kept their mouths shut.
We dont have to read History to know all this, the morning papers headlines, breaking news is more than enough..Misguided Martyrdom..Hate for Humanity .. that is all that it boils down too.
There are two types of Islam, one that wants Peace Brotherhood, the other Islam wants the return of the Ummayads, there is the third Islam, that just watches all this bloodshed , the killings of one Muslim sect by another sect , keeps silently quiet.. this is the Islam that hurts all of us , call us moderates liberal , whatever , but we are Muslims by Birth.. by our Kalma , by the sanctity of our Mothers womb.

I am not going to give this link to DIGG IT , the erstwhile members of Dgg It have asked my URL to be blocked this is sheer multi racial cybernetic Hate,,,I am supposed to be a positive spam.
I thought that happened only at Bloggerspot , or Sulekha Blogs , well I can add Digg It.. too
I DUGG MY OWN GRAVE … YES I AM BURIED ..
NO NOT AT WORDPRESS.
ONLY AT DIGG IT.
Often beaten by such news .

homesite
YES OFFBEAT NEWS
I TALK NEWS.

May 4th, 2007

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/two-kinds-of-isl...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube