Friday, January 22, 2016

Woh Hote Hain Kismetwale Jinki Ma Hoti Hai





She is the leper mother who begs at Bandra Bazar Road there used to be a guy her brother also a leper who used to move them around a flat board like cart on wheels ...she told me he has gone to their hometown .
And I wondered where do they keep their savings because in Bandra the drug addicts local thieves rob from poor folks too ..
Bandra is a home for anti social elements most living in the Lal Mitti slums cops hardly catch them as they only go after big fish .
This leper family saddens me and besides giving them money there is nothing much I can do .
These are my quintessential street stories they bloom in my backyard .
Many years back there was a lady who lived near the garbage bin she had two beautiful kids but she turned alcoholic and drug addicts would force themselves on her ..she needed booze as fish needs water and the kids were taken care by a few good people .
Than she disappeared with the kids but sometimes I spot her I asked her about the kids a boy and a girl but she stares at me in outer space .
Mind you we have a country hooch joint and most of the drunks make a beeline here close to the garbage dump that I shoot everyday.
The residents of Bandra Bazar Road are an emasculated lot worse than eunuchs they have no response to the evils in our area each one for himself ..they were appeased by the congress and 15 long years they slept through life .
The Congress touted Dengue free Bandra and Destiny made Bandra free of Congress forever .
There is a Congress Corporator but he hardly cares for the urban chaos he has never interacted with the residents as I am told he is busy appeasing the slums the other side of Bandra SV road .
My family were traditional congress voters and we voted for BJP we voted not just for Modijis rhetorics but progress and development but sadly in our area it is still a million light years away .
But next elections I will not vote use the NOTA option ...won't vote for a party or a candidate .
We had great faith for Am Admi Party but they shot themselves in the leg by trying to dump Phiroze Palkivala a non Bandraite on our consciousness and the same with Ms Poonam Mahajan from Worli she has no heart feelings or an emotional connect with our Bandra.
So sometimes a beggar and her child can pierce and bring hidden pain out in the open and I must reiterate local media of Bandra almost licks ass of those who fund and patronize them.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube