Saturday, January 2, 2016

The essence of Bulawa or being called



Last few days I am trying to go to the Dargah of Holy Saint Makhdhoom Shah Baba to meet my Rifai friends at the Dhuni but somehow it just does not happen .
And I am not very far from Mahim I could take a cab and be there within a few minutes but the moment genuinely evades me work that I have taken up does not leave me and my poor health ever since I came back from Lucknow .
I pass by Hazrat Fakhruddin Shah Babas Dargah in the bus and I make a hurried wish asking for peace for all ..I want to meet the bawas selling gemstones on the roads meet some malangs but yet again it is love from a distance .
Most of my outings take me more towards Shastri Nagar Santa Cruz and Juhu .
I pass by Bandra Talao but no time to wish my dear friends the ear cleaners .
And I believe every moment in life is cosmically connected nothing happens accidentally or deliberately .
I use my mobile phone to blog my stray thoughts instead of the laptop and I blog first on Facebook than copy paste to Flickr .
I am not too excited to run to Twitter.
My congested chest cough and cold don't seem to leave me .
I wished most of my friends I had lost touch with on Whats Up.
I have no work that takes me to the slums in Bandra east or even Bandra Slaughter House compund .
I shoot randomly on my phone and the Muslim mother with her new born child begging at Shastri Nagar on New year's day hit me hard and this is a total Miya locality I gave her money bought her buns and gave her milk from the nagori shop while the old Miyas watched me curiously not saying a word of reprimand when I took her pictures .
So a few moments in life on the streets will never change .
I see pictures all the time happening in front of my eyes as though a greater god was showing me what my camera on its own would never be able to see and I walk away as the moment could not be held on my mobile phone .
What this year holds in its bosom I don't know and today is the second day and I have taken a resolve I will go to the Mahim Dargah in the evening .
Most of my working time has gone into a film work of precision detailing I took up for my favorite actor even in Lucknow I was busy sourcing stuff for this film.
And I will go to play tennis at 7.30 am ..meet Fabian Namory and the rest of my friends .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube