Monday, December 22, 2014

British Residency Revisited 2014






Most of my trips to Lucknow I shot the British Residency  after shooting Bada Imambada .

However due to the serious injury on my leg I did not shoot the Bada Imambada or the Bauli ..the way I normally shot it..


This time I wanted to shoot the British Residency without going wide , just portions on my 55 - 250 lens .

I shoot alone , and left to my thoughts and my running nose there was nothing between me and my inner self.

The British Residency is depresses me , it has lost its heritage value and nothing but a natural sleazy open air hotel for lovers and you could go a step and further and call it a brothel too..

I dont know if the Yadavs in power will ever understand the meaning of history , or the sacrifice of the loyal Indian sepoys who gave their life for the British Empire fighting their own rebel brothers ..on the other side of the fence.

I am not into history but I shoot British Residency..as our cultural inheritance despite the seminal stains on many a British graves that serve as beds for humping  couples,.

The graves are in a sorry state , some work of restoration is going on.. but I saw no scientific expertise around.

The British Residency opens its gates in the mornings and young lovers , burkha clad ladies with hunks walk in to get their libido restarted .

And I think more Foreigners visit Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghats in Mumbai than the forgettable British Residency in Lucknow , it has not been packaged rigorously as a tourist stop,


I am assuming after all..and one person who had thorough knowledge love for the British Residency was  late Mr PC Little poet photographer restorer of cameras and historian,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube