Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Photo Blogging The Soul of a Disaster

This is the new home , and such cluster of homes are coming up to house the homeless of Behrammpada who lost everything in the recent fire , after the fire came the onslaught of rains and as soon as the rains subsided came the dreaded swine flu, many families I met had one or two members at Bhabha Hospital and were in tears when they talked to me of their trials and tribulations, I shoot pain as I see it on the viewfinder of my soul.. and this pain hits hard like a bludgeon.


The kids had already stopped going to school , most of the people had small scale factory units at home, embroidery workshops , tailoring and garment factories all wiped out..

Now their bread winners do menial jobs and with the recession life is all the more tough.

But what keeps them happy is that Allah provides , he is answerable to their prayers , they seek his Intervention and Mercy.

They were also excited though living on the streets Holy Ramzan was round the corner and much charity would come from the Muslim aid agencies.

I dont have a reporters bent of mind , I shot pictures and listened to them with the inner depths of a pedestrian poet..

I did not come here barefeet , as I was worried about my feet one rusty nail prick and me and my diabetes would be over forever.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube