Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mangla Bai..My Koli Sister Of Bandra Fish Market

Mangla calls me bhau, brother and is mad about Marziya , I have a great relationship with the Koli fisherwown of Bandra Bazar Fish Market , but when it comes to business they wont give me a penny discount..but than Mangla will tell the person concerned to make the price less ..as he writes about us ..our difficulties our struggle .
Honestly the fisherwfolks or the kolis have been totally neglected and no State government has ever done much for them in terms of education..and better life.

They slog like their mother did , their mothers mother did , no one can break this karmic chain of misery and neglect.

I did not buy any fish as it was far too expensive ..though a few days back my neighbor Nasirbhai Hamdare made succulent crab curry Malvan style, and sent it for me..because it is taboo for us Makroo only I ate it as my son in law watched me with mouth watering lips..my daughter had warned him of the consequences ..mother and daughter are rolling pin experts ..


Kolis are great human beings the best segment of hospitality and Marathi charm.
They are the torch bearers of love beyond regional boundaries , we all buy fish from the kolis.. they are honest and not deceitful

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube